歡迎來到 圓球城市 登入 | 註冊 | Help

首頁 作者專欄 新聞 市民開講 活動專區 論壇

Mike Conley Jr. - The surging PG going for the no.1 spot

在 01-24-2007, 8:36 下午 由 angjer 發表.第 2 篇回覆.
排序方式: 上一個 下一個
  •  01-24-2007, 1:19 上午 68845

Mike Conley Jr. - The surging PG going for the no.1 spot

As half of the 2006-2007 NCAA season has passed, it becomes certain that the talented HS class of 2006 will be a rejuvenate class for college basketball, which has been plagued by the loss of massive numbers of high-major talents to early entry into NBA.

The best part of the class of 2007 is that the talents are fairly distributed around every position. While featuring numerous athletic, new-age PF such as  Brandan Wright (UNC), Darrel Arthur(Kansas), as well as some traditional bacl-to-basket 7-footers like Greg oden(OSU) and Spencer Hawes (washington), it also embraces a few PG prospects that poassess the upsides to turn pro -  Tywon Lawson (UNC), Javaris Crittenton (G-tech), DJ Augustin(Texas) and Sherron Collins (Kansas).....have played fairly well and live up to the expectations. In fact, even Tajuan Porter (oregon), a 3 -star prospect according to scout.com,  shows some flashes of brilliance in a certain game. However, despite the overall satisfying performance from these freshman PGs, one guy certainly stands out.

Mike Conley JR. The 6-1 , 170 pounds floor general for the Buckeyes.

Averaging almost 7 assists, and a rediculous 3.3 AST/TO ratio, he has consolidated his spot as the nation's top pure pg, as he displays his capability  to run his team's offense close to perfection. Like many "pass-first" pg in college level, Conley has the instincts and vision that makes him a good playmaker in transition. However, what seperates him from PGs like     (virginia tech) is really his ability to break down opponent's team defense and create rooms for his teamates. He has a  phenonmenol first step, of which he uses to the fullest to get pass any type of defender, literally, by will. His ball-handling skill is also flawless, as he is virtually ambidextrous, able to go both left and right. His combination of athletic gift and dribbling skills is  unmatched by any other PG.

Defensively, he reminds me of Rajan Rondo, who has proved himself as a shut-down defender in his four years in Kentucky. Although Conley may not have an extremely long wingspan like Rondo, his lateral quickness is as quick, if not quicker, as Rondo. Plux his quick hands and intense style of play, it's just a matter of time for him to develop into a NBA-level outside stopper.

Currently, the only obvious flaw of his game is his shot. He has yet to shown the ability to knock down mid-range jumpshot steadily, and his three pointers are terrible too ( 8/30 at this point). His 52.8% FG may look impressive paper, but the made shots are mostly floaters from 10 feet which of course is not a reliable offensive weapon. Before he can prove himself as a steady shooter, his offensive game will suffer.

So, here comes the ultimate question - Will Conley leave for NBA next year? In my opinion, it will be best for him to stay for at least one more year to work on his shot. But I think it really depends on how far he can lead the Buckeyes into the Tournament. If OSU makes Final Four, It's hard to imagine Greg Oden and Cook not to declare for draft and if that is the case, Conley may follow his buddies' decision.

p.s. I am a Big Conley fan, and I really feel that Conley isn't really enough attention. I know that Greg Oden is great,  but lets show some love and respect for the Buckeye's floor general. I do think he has a chance to be at least a solid player in NBA. function photos(){ window.open( "/PictureGallery.aspx?PlayerId=63387&Title=Sherron%20Collins", "PhotoGallery", "height=450,width=550,statusbar=no,location=no,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,resizable=yes"); } function photos(){ window.open( "/PictureGallery.aspx?PlayerId=63387&Title=Sherron%20Collins", "PhotoGallery", "height=450,width=550,statusbar=no,location=no,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,resizable=yes"); }

•  01-24-2007, 3:35 上午 68877 in reply to 68845

• Mobi is not online. Last active: 01-05-2019, 12:46 上午 Mobi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • 加入於 11-06-2006
    • 麥當勞高中明星

Re: Mike Conley Jr. - The surging PG going for the no.1 spot

Conley is damn good.  He can drive to the basket at will.

I believe he is more important than Oden for OSU.

•  01-24-2007, 8:36 下午 69276 in reply to 68877

Re: 死吧 猪演说

以 XML 格式的 RSS 新聞傳送觀看
地址:10646北市大安區羅斯福路3段29號10樓之1
電話:02-2366-1520
Copyright © 2007-2016 圓球城市. All rights reserved