歡迎來到 圓球城市 登入 | 註冊 | Help

首頁 作者專欄 新聞 市民開講 活動專區 論壇

魔術面試新總管人選:Shaq O'Neal

在 05-25-2012, 10:44 上午 由 GTO_Andy 發表.第 6 篇回覆.
排序方式: 上一個 下一個
  •  05-24-2012, 5:32 下午 423270

• GTO_Andy is not online. Last active: 2021-11-17, 11:05 上午 GTO_Andy
    • Top 25 Contributor
      男
    • 加入於 07-13-2006
    • California
    • 籃球名人堂

魔術面試新總管人選:Shaq O'Neal

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7962438/sources-shaquille-oneal-discuss-gm-opening-orlando-magic

Sources: Shaq, Magic to discuss GM

Updated: May 23, 2012, 9:46 PM ET
    ESPN.com news services

A blast from the Orlando Magic's past has emerged in the team's search for a new general manager -- Shaquille O'Neal.

O'Neal, who began his legendary NBA career in Orlando, may meet with the Magic as soon as next week, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard. While he has no front office experience, the Magic believe O'Neal's presence within the organization could help them retain Dwight Howard.

Magic officials declined comment Wednesday night when asked about meeting with O'Neal, telling ESPN.com's Marc Stein they will not be publicly discussing the process or timetable of their GM and coach searches in the wake of Monday's dismissals of Stan Van Gundy and Otis Smith.

Orlando president Alex Martins was a member of the Magic organization when O'Neal was there as a player and has a solid relationship with him.

O'Neal, who played for the Magic from 1992 to 1996 and led the club to the NBA Finals in 1995, has verbally sparred with Howard over his use of the "Superman'' nickname that O'Neal popularized during his playing career. But sources close to both Howard and O'Neal insist the two privately have a friendly relationship and often send text messages to one another.

In fact, O'Neal often has been a confidante for Howard during this trying season in Orlando.

Like Howard, O'Neal also had a contentious relationship with Van Gundy, who was fired on Monday.

O'Neal played for Van Gundy while playing for the Miami Heat, and was a proponent of having Heat president Pat Riley replace Van Gundy as coach.

O'Neal kept his home in Orlando after leaving to join the Los Angeles Lakers in 1996 and still lives in Orlando.

If O'Neal were to be hired by the Magic, the organization likely would bring in a more experienced basketball executive to work alongside him.

O'Neal isn't the only recognizable name potentially on Orlando's radar.

Jerry Sloan has expressed interest in the open Charlotte Bobcats and Magic coaching positions.

The former Utah Jazz coach, who resigned during the 2011 season after 23 seasons with the team, told the Salt Lake Tribune on Tuesday that he has talked to Bobcats owner Michael Jordan about his team's vacancy.

Sloan will interview with Charlotte later this week, league sources told Broussard.

The Bobcats also have permission from the Indiana Pacers to speak with assistant Brian Shaw and from the Los Angeles Lakers to speak with assistant coach Quin Snyder, the sources said. Shaw's interview will take place after the Pacers' season ends.

The sources said Charlotte also will reach out to former Magic coach Stan Van Gundy. The team is not expected to make a decision until after next week's draft lottery, at the earliest.

Earlier Tuesday, Sloan expressed interest in the Magic opening in an interview with Fox Sports Florida, calling the job "intriguing" despite the uncertainty surrounding star center Dwight Howard and the Magic's vacant general manager position after the ouster of Smith.

Sloan said he wasn't deterred by the lowly status of the Bobcats, who won an NBA-worst seven games last season.

"Obviously, you probably wouldn't win [a title] right off the bat," Sloan told the Tribune. "But, sometimes, it's not all about starting on top."

If he were to be hired in Charlotte, Sloan would be working for the man who helped to deny him his two best shots at an NBA title. Sloan led the Jazz to the NBA Finals twice (1997 and 1998), only to lose to Jordan's Chicago Bulls.

The 70-year-old Sloan told the newspaper that he feels "terrific" and said he'll "stay out of the way" while teams determine if he's a possible fit.

"If there's some interest in me, fine. If there's not, I understand that, too," Sloan told the Tribune.

Sloan ranks third all-time in regular-season NBA coaching victories with 1,221. Former coaches Lenny Wilkins (1,332) and Don Nelson (1,335) are the only two to have more regular-season victories than Sloan.

He is the only coach in NBA history to win 1,000 games with one team. Sloan's other wins came with the Bulls from 1979 to 1982.

Sloan told Fox Sports Florida that he needed a break from basketball when he left the game in 2011, resigning after a loss to the Bulls.

"I worked [26] years [as a coach]. It was time for me to move on and see what was going on in the world. That's been kind of interesting. But I still have that void of basketball," Sloan told the regional sports network.

•  05-24-2012, 5:50 下午 423273 in reply to 423270

• Top 25 Contributor
      男
    • 加入於 07-13-2006
    • California
    • 籃球名人堂

Re: 魔術面試新總管人選:Shaq O'Neal

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/nba-%E9%AD%94%E8%A1%93%E6%96%B0%E7%B8%BD%E7%AE%A1-%E6%AD%90%E5%B0%BC%E7%88%BE%E5%8D%9A%E5%A3%AB-%E5%87%BA%E7%B7%9A-033738055.html

NBA/魔術新總管 「歐尼爾博士」出線
    記者邵瑞峰/綜合報導

在開除總教練Stan Van Gundy和總管Otis Smith後,魔術極欲組成一個能夠鎮得住「魔獸」Dwight Howard的新管理階層,而今天(24日)傳出有一位新人選可能接手魔術總管一職,他就是鼎鼎大名的傳奇中鋒「俠客」Shaquille O'Neal。

才剛拿到管理學博士學位O'Neal(並要求大家從現在開始不要叫他俠客、改叫歐尼爾博士)在魔術展開他的傳奇生涯,雖然後來跳槽湖人,不過他和魔術高層始終保持良好關係,而根據ESPN記者Chris Broussard報導,魔術高層最快下週就會和O'Neal進行面試,希望能利用他的身分地位和影響力來說服Howard效忠魔術。

O'Neal 曾於1992年到1996年效力魔術,並於1995年率隊殺進總冠軍賽,堪稱魔術創隊以來的第一位超級巨星。離開魔術後,O'Neal雖然在生涯晚期數度為了「超人」綽號槓上Howard,不過據熟知內情的消息人士指出O'Neal私底下其實一直和Howard維持友好關係,甚至常常互相傳簡訊聊天。

由於O'Neal完全沒有管理球隊的經驗,因此如果魔術最後決定錄取他,那麼外界預期魔術高層將會找來經驗豐富的行政人員來輔佐O'Neal,而其中一個跳出的名字就是執教近30年、於去年退休的爵士「教皇」Jerry Sloan,外傳退休後按耐不住寂寞的Sloan對於魔術新空缺的總教練一職饒有興致,如果魔術能夠網羅到他,那麼O'Neal+ Sloan的總管/總教練組合絕對會成為全聯盟最具話題性的管理層。

•  05-24-2012, 6:02 下午 423275 in reply to 423273

Shaq當總管,Ewing當教頭...

全隊球員狀態顯示為:樂不思蜀

•  05-25-2012, 12:43 上午 423303 in reply to 423275

我覺得以Howard不想當細漢的個性(不去湖人)

找Dr. O’neal也有可能讓他更想走!!!!

•  05-25-2012, 2:07 上午 423305 in reply to 423270

他不是跟魔獸很不對盤嗎?

他來了

魔獸大概也走定了!!

那激情誘惑的氛圍 是我抵抗不了的原罪

•  05-25-2012, 7:02 上午 423314 in reply to 423305

Shaq闢謠,說他沒興趣。

這奧蘭多葡萄挺酸的。 

•  05-25-2012, 10:44 上午 423327 in reply to 423270

• Top 25 Contributor
      男
    • 加入於 07-13-2006
    • California
    • 籃球名人堂

Shaq: 我對魔術GM這個職位沒興趣

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/05/24/shaq-no-interest-in-magic-gm-job/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

HANG TIME PLAYOFF HEADQUARTERS – Well, that didn’t take long.

As soon as he was included in the discussion for the vacant general manager job in Orlando,Shaquille O’Neal has taken himself out of the mix.

The future Hall of Famer and TNT analyst released a statement this afternoon denying any interest in pursuing the position that came open with Monday’s mutual parting of the ways between the Magic and Otis Smith.

And this isn’t coming from any back channel sources or anyone else. It’s from the big fella himself, who said he has no plans of leaving the Inside set where has starred this season alongside Kenny Smith, Charles Barkley and Ernie Johnson.

“When I first heard about the vacancy for the Orlando Magic general manager position, I was clearly intrigued.” he said in a statement. “I was drafted by the Magic, I have a great love for the franchise, and I have made the city of Orlando my home.  Additionally, I have great admiration and respect for the DeVos family.  However, this is not a job I have an interest in pursuing.  I feel very fortunate to be with TNT and to have the best job in sports.  I look forward to many more years with Charles, Kenny and E.J.  I wish the best for the Magic and I am confident that they will select a great GM and coach.”

ESPN’s The Magazine’s Chris Broussard reported Wednesday that there was mutual interest between O’Neal and the Magic and that he could interview with them as early as next week. Barkley was on The Dan Patrick Show this morning and confirmed that O’Neal indicated to him that he had interest in the job and would be interviewing with the franchise that drafted him.

But all of that comes crashing down with O’Neal’s statement that he has no plans of giving up his seat on the set at TNT.

以 XML 格式的 RSS 新聞傳送觀看
地址:10646北市大安區羅斯福路3段29號10樓之1
電話:02-2366-1520
Copyright © 2007-2016 圓球城市. All rights reserved